Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hills, Baby

Date: Tuesday, April 10th, 2007
Leave: 4:45PM
Return: 6:45PM
Distance: 26.4 miles
Average speed: 14.4 mph

So I decided to bust a little after work hill session since band practice was postponed. I tried unsuccessfully to garner a partner for the ride so I went solo... It turned out to be a gorgeous afternoon, so by the time I was at the top of Mitchell St. on the way up to Council Crest, I had to shed my sleeves and unleash the beast that is Vest Guy.

I recently replaced my 11-23 cassette with a more climbing-friendly 12-27 and holy balls what a difference! My legs stayed fresh and I actually think I was able to climb faster than before. Kick ass.

Anyway, the ride up to the Zoo is awesome, and then over to the Pittock Mansion has some steep spots, but nothing terrible, and the view from said mansion is amazing, especially on a clear day. The following descent is a little on the fucking crazy side, but super fun. All in all a GREAT route.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You, sir, are ready to go up Marquam Hill Rd behind OHSU now. No, I insist.

Dave said...

Let's go, old man!