Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Steepness

Date: Wednesday, April 25th, 2007
Leave: 4:45PM
Return: 6:35PM
Distance: 24.5 miles
Average speed: 15.2 mph

Today was one of those days where I just had some hill demons to excorsize. I bolted out of work around 4:45 and made my way up Broadway and out Terwilliger towards my as yet unconquered nemisis, the Marquam Hill up 14th street behind OHSU. Ben rode it once before and exclaimed its brutality to me, further instilling fear into my heart.

But I was on a mission, and I killed it.

Of course, by the time I got to Council Crest Dr., I was huffing like a madman and sweating like a pig, but I fucking did it. I totally felt like shouting at the top of my lungs, it was a pretty rad feeling, and definitely the steepest/longest climb I have done to date, save for the Mollala climb I did a while back, but I stopped in the middle, so that doesn't count.

The rest of the ride felt like child's play as I rocked over to the zoo, up to Skyline and down and back up to the Pittock Mansion. I love days like this.

No comments: